Demi Lovato Admits She Smuggled Cocaine On Airplanes, Couldn't Go '30 Minutes To An Hour Without It'

Demi Lovato has never been shy when it comes to talking about her demons, and in a new and extremely candid interview, the former Disney star opens up about her drug fueled past.
Lovato, 21, sat down with "Access Hollywood" and spoke in more detail than ever before about her cocaine addiction. It was the addiction that sent her to rehab in November 2010, where she also sought treatment for an eating disorder and other emotional issues.
"I couldn't go 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine, and I would bring it on airplanes,” Lovato revealed. “I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep, and I would do it right there. I'd sneak to the bathroom, and I'd do it. That’s how difficult it got and that was even with somebody [with me]. I had a sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me [and] I was able to hide it from them as well.”
The "X Factor" judge told "Access Hollywood"'s Kit Hoover that she was able to get away with this because she's "very, very good at manipulating people."
"I would manipulate everyone around me. There were times I would just continue to lie, so that everything looked OK on the outside," Lovato told Hoover.
The singer, who headed to rehab after being kicked off the Jonas Brothers' tour for punching a backup dancer, also revealed that she found clarity when she realized she had hit rock bottom -- quite literally, at the bottom of a soda bottle.
“I was going to the airport and I had a Sprite bottle just filled with vodka," she recalled. "And it was just nine in the morning and I was throwing up in the car and this was just to get on a plane to go back to L.A. to the sober living house that I was staying at … I had all the help in the world, but I didn’t want it. When I hit that moment I was like, it’s no longer fun when you’re doing it alone."
"I think at 19 years old, I had a moment where I was like, 'Oh my God … that is alcoholic behavior. [It’s] no longer, I’m young and rebellious and out having fun, it was, wow, I’m one of those people … I gotta get my sh-t together,'" she explained.
This is the most candid Lovato has ever been about her struggle with drug addiction. She's spoken openly about her battles with bulimia, and previously mentioned that she was self-medicating with drugs. In another interview, the "Heart Attack" singer spoke about her experiences with drugs, explaining that being a celebrity can be "dangerous" since club promoters are eager to offer whatever substance necessary to get her in the door of their establishment.
“Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs,” she told Fabulous Magazine in 2012. “They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my ass.”

0 comments:

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker